Maintenance and Tips
- 1. Check transmission fluid regularly and properly according to vehicle manufacturers' owners manual.
- 2. Change your transmission fluid regularly and with manufacturers recommended fluid
- a. Transmission flush (total fluid exchange) 15,000 to 20,000 mile
- b. Transmission tune-up (pan drop) remove transmission pan, clean, change filter, fluid, and pan gasket every 50,000 to 60,000 miles
- 3. Install transmission cooler on vehicles in high stress conditions
- 4. Always use the fluid the vehicle manufacturer reccommends
- 5. Always have your vehicle checked when the check engine or service light comes on; this can prevent major trasnmission problems
- 6. Have linkage and other adjustments checked periodically; this can help avoid major transmission problems
- 7. Have your engine cooling system checked twice a year; once for the hot months and once for the cold months; this will help to keep the cooling system effective and will keep your transmission and engine cool
If you have a maintenance tip or suggestion that you would like to share with us; use our contact page to send the suggestion. We appreciate your contributions.